Terms and Conditions
Whilst every effort is made to keep our websites as up to date as possible, any information displayed on this website cannot and should not be acted upon without checking with the hotel directly. No booking or enquiry made on this website or on any other website operated by the Kitley House Hotel constitutes a guarantee or promise of a service or product.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
We accept payment by means of all major debit cards, personal cheques to the amount guaranteed by card, bank drafts and of course good old cash!
We are also able to arrange for you to pay electronically direct into our bank if you should so wish.
Please note that the following surcharges will come into effect on 1 January 2008, to cover our ever-increasing banking charges. All other payment means will remain free!
All payments made by CREDIT CARD will attract a surcharge of 3%. These surcharges are not subject to vat
Stopover – one nightstays available all week. £20 non-refundable deposit secures the booking. This is transferable up to 6 months either side of the booking arrival date. Cancellations outside of 48 hours of arrival – no charge except deposit. Inside of 48 hours – first full night is charged.
Short Break – two nightsplus available all week. £20 non-refundable deposit secures the booking. This is transferable up to 6 months either side of the booking arrival date. Cancellations outside of 48 hours of arrival – no charge except deposit. Inside of 48 hours – first full night is charged.
Late Availability – Limited Availability of dates & room types vary throughout the year. These rooms are transferable up to 3 months either side of the booking arrival date. We require full payment of first night on booking. In the event of cancellation the first night is fully chargeable.
WEDDINGS TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Provisional Bookings~ we are happy to hold your booking for 14 days after which time, should we have not heard back from you, the date will automatically be released.
2. Written Confirmationand a £500.00 deposit will be required to confirm all provisional wedding bookings.
3. Exclusive use bookings require a further £500 deposit to be paid at the same time the Wedding Reservation is made.
Where ‘Exclusive Use’ has been arranged we will require a rooming list from you no later than 6 weeks prior to the date of your wedding. Any vacant rooms will be charged to the main account.
If the accommodation has been allocated by the Bride & Groom, you must accept responsibility for any rooms that remain empty on the day of the wedding (i.e. Guests who decide not to stay but have had a reservation made for them).
Saturday Weddings between April and September and December are booked solely on an exclusive use basis. All 19 bedrooms must be booked and a £20.00 deposit per room is required, again any vacant rooms will be charged to the main account. Minimum Numbers of 65 adults are also a requirement.
The Bridal Suite is complimentary with exclusive use.
4. Payment – All Weddings are accepted on the basis that full pre-payment will be made on an estimated invoice 6 weeks prior to the date of your wedding. Pro Forma Invoices are raised from the original information provided at the date of booking.
5. Final Payment is required by debit card on departure for all outstanding charges. Any refund payable will be made by cheque 10 days after the final invoice has been agreed, and that the hotel will not refund monies before the date of the actual event.
6. Final Chargeable Numbers will be taken 10 days prior to the date of your wedding day – this is non-negotiable.
7. Table Plan to be provided a minimum of 14 days prior to arrival indicating vegetarians, special diets, children’s meals etc. clearly.
8. Check-in time for all guests bedrooms is 2.00pm and no earlier. The Bridal Suite will be available from 12 noon for the Bridal Party to get ready, should they require it.
9. The Bar will close at 2.00 am for guests drinks. The Duty Staff may close the bar earlier than 2.00am should circumstances require. Non- residents are required to leave the hotel by 2.00am at the latest.
10. The Evening Buffet – please note that an evening buffet is required for all evening receptions. The evening buffet will normally be served in the Regency Room. For non-exclusive weddings the hotel reserves the right to move this to the Drawing Room, should the evening numbers or bedrooms reduce prior to the day of the wedding. You must cater for all your evening guests and approximately 50% of your day guests.
11. If no Evening Buffetis required an surcharge of £500.00 will be payable.
12. Marquee Weddings– Terms & Conditions available on request.
13. Cancellation– please see separate Cancellation Policy.
WEDDING CANCELLATION POLICY
1. All deposits are non-refundable.
2. Cancellations must be made in writing to the General Manager of the hotel within 14 days of the verbal communication.
3. Cancellation time:
Up to 6 months prior to date of Wedding – deposit withheld
4-6 months prior to date of Wedding – 35% of current Pro Forma Invoice
2-4 months prior to date of Wedding – 75% of current Pro Forma Invoice
2 months and less – 100% of current Pro Forma Invoice
The hotel is conscious of the difficulties that can arise for the Client in the event of cancellation. With that in mind, it is strongly recommended that the Client considers taking out Wedding Insurance. This can be arranged through the hotel and the details of the cover and premium can be obtained on request.
1. Marquee Weddings are subject to the hotels approval, with our recommended agents and suppliers. Marldon marquees – Tele No 01803 524425. All Marquee Suppliers are required to adhere to ourMARQUEE FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT POLICY.
2. A Facility Charge of £2950.00 will be made by Kitley House. Which will cover the use of the Hotel grounds for 2 nights. This charge will also include the hire of a Redcoat Toastmaster, a Remote Bar and Draught Beer facility, table linen, crockery and glassware hire. This charge will also ensure that there will be no other Wedding at Kitley House on the Friday prior to your Wedding Day. The charge does not include furniture hire for the Marquee.
3. The Charge for the hire of the Marquee and hire of the tables and chairs provided by the Marquee suppliers will be settled directly with the Marquee Company. A detailed plan of the layout of the Marquee is required by Kitley House at least 6 months prior to the date of your Wedding.
4. Evening Entertainment arranged for a Marquee wedding must end by 12 midnight prompt due to Licensing restrictions.
5. Accommodation must be booked for 2 nights and all rooms must be reserved. The accommodation for the first night must be booked on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast basis for all rooms. You must accept responsibility for all accommodation for the 2 nights.
6. Exclusive Use of all 19 rooms requires a deposit of £360.00 per night to pay when Wedding reservation is made.
WEDDING ACCOMMODATION BOOKINGS
A non-refundable deposit of £20.00 is required for all accommodation bookings. This will be taken at the time of booking by credit card or by cheque within 3 days.
In the event of cancellation this may be used against a booking within 3 months.
Non-arrivals will incur a full charge.
CONFERENCES & BANQUETING TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Written Confirmation is required for all bookings
2. Approximate numbers should be given on confirmation
3. Cancellation Policy
Inside two weeks – if numbers drop by more than 25% from confirmed numbers organisers would be charged @75% of latest confirmed numbers. This applies to delegates / guests and residential accommodation.
Inside two weeks – if event is cancelled it will be charged @75% of confirmed numbers. This applies to delegates / guests and residential accommodation.
4. Final Numbers, timings and all other details required at least three days prior to date of booking.
Payment required on departure unless prior arrangements have been made with reception. If a pro-forma invoice has been sent, pre-payment will be required prior to arrival.