Energy and Renewables
Solar water heating
The best ways to renovate energy:
1) Energy reduction - boilers, lighting
2) Lighting programme - replacement fittings (Kitley has already done the lighting programme)
3) Hydro - low return on water flow
4) Boiler - Wood Chip Burner
With the increasing price of gas and oil a wood chip boiler system may offer significant reductions in running costs. A biomass boiler system is reducing fossil fuel needs and reducing running costs.
5) Solar - water heating (Kitley has got a plan application)
The average household reqires around 2-3 m squared of solar collector for a family. The Kitley House Hotel with 19 rooms reqires about 35 square meters of collector. This can produce up to 50% of the hotels yearly hot water requirement.
(Click to enlarge)
Bookmark with Delicious
Share on Facebook